To build a site like the Connexus Church site, you’ll need several components.
The first is the starter kit, which gives you all the templates that you can use to build pages just like theirs.
Things to Purchase
But that’s not enough. You’ll also need some stuff for your new WordPress site – the platform that powers their site. These are resources you’ll need to purchase.
- Get the Beaver Builder Pro Version – so that you can use the templates that are in the starter kit – $199.00
- Get the Ninja Forms plugin – so that you can create forms on your site, like theirs – it’s free (but conditional logic is an add-on, $39).
- Check your email for the Starter Kit file. It should be there after you confirm your email account.
- Make sure you have a good WordPress host. I recommend WP Engine. (I recommend the $99/month plan for most churches.)
What to do with the Starter Kit
Your starter kit is an XML file. It has all the templates you’ll need to build many of the pages you see on the Connexus site. To use it, you’ll need to do this:
- Set up the WordPress site (i.e. make sure WordPress is installed).
- Upload and activate the Beaver Builder Theme and Child Theme that are part of your Beaver Builder purchase.
- Upload and activate the Beaver Builder plugin, and put in your code so you get updates.
- In the Beaver Builder Settings area, activate the Template section so that you can see it in your admin area.
- Under Tools > Import, make sure you can import a WordPress import file. This will likely make you install a plugin.
- Using the Tools > Import feature, choose the Starter Kit file (xml) to import it. It will import all the templates.
- Verify that the templates are available by going to Templates > All Templates. You should see a full list.
The following videos have been created to help you see how these components are used. There are five videos in this playlist, so make sure you click on the icon in the top left to see the list of videos.
Contacting Chris Lema
I’m the guy that build the Connexus site and I can help you. That said, I don’t provide that assistance as a free service. I can answer simple questions via Clarity calls where you pay by the minute. Or you can contact me via the contact form and I can get you a quote to help you with your site.
If I’m too expensive for your budget, which I understand if that’s the case, I can direct you to other resources that can help you, but they won’t necessarily have the context for the starter kit.