People send me lots of projects
I regularly get inquiries here on the site about a WooCommerce article I've written. Until just now I hadn't realized I'd written so many on the platform, so it kind of makes sense that I'd get inquiries.
For the most part, I don't take on a lot of projects these days. Between my day job, my coaching, and speaking – I have bandwidth for a limited number of WooCommerce development projects and they have to really be exciting.
Choosing a WooCommerce consultant
So before I give you a list of names, I thought I would jot down some of my most important tips on how to choose a WooCommerce consultant.
So here are the five tips I'd give you.
1. Make sure you share your specific needs before asking about experience. It doesn't matter if they have general experience but you want someone to do something more complicated.
2. Make sure the consultant is asking you a lot of questions. E-commerce is not simple. If they barely ask any questions, it's unlikely they can be as confident as they sound about helping you.
3. Make sure to ask about their previous experience with PCI compliance. Don't ask what they “know.” Ask what they've done. Experience counts!
4. Make sure to ask about if you'll have your own relationship with extension vendors. If they're using their own extensions, it means you have to go thru them. If you're buying the extensions directly, you can interact directly.
5. Make sure to ask about your payment gateway preference. Maybe you don't care how the money will move. But if you do, if you plan to use Stripe, Braintree, Authorize.net, or someone else, make sure they have the specific experience you need. It's not always plug and play.
Agencies & Developers I trust to help you
The following WooCommerce agencies are my short list.
- Zeek – The team there knows WooCommerce well and has worked on a lot of different kinds of applications using WooCommerce.
- Zao – Justin leads a team of folks that can built just about any plugin or payment gateway for WooCommerce.
- MindSize – When you need to make sure your store performs quickly, you likely want to talk to the MindSize team!