Did you miss WordCamp Maui?
Earlier this year I had the wonderful opportunity to sit down with some incredible people and interview them.
- They had no advance notice of my questions
- They had no time to prepare
- They only knew the title of our session
- We had all the time in the world
I'll tell you this – whenever you get a chance to talk to top WordPress business owners, go for it. There's so much to learn.
But don't take my word for it. Here are the seven interviews. Check them out!
John Hawkins, Founder of 9Seeds – Choosing between services & products
Meet the Organic Themes Founders – On Getting into Themes
Stepping into Plugins – with Vladimir Prelovac
What are you noticing?
Are you catching any themes from these first presentations?
- Building products is hard work
- It's easier to narrow down your feature set once you have that in your head…but getting there can be hard.
- You have to love your customers, a lot, to be successful.
Another thing to note – the low church that Organic & Vladimir experience is a testament to their awesomeness. Because the industry standard is much higher!
Exploring the Freemium Model with Sam Hotchkiss
Takeaway: Make sure you're solving a critical problem.
Starting an Agency (specifically 10up) with Jake Goldman
Jake's early focus on culture fit ought to be a lesson for everyone!
Two of my Favorite Top WordPress Business CEOs
Developing a Network of Partnerships – Karim Marucchi
- Go slow with partnerships.
- Make sure you have great project managers.
Building a Marketing Engine – Syed Balkhi
I'm currently working on an infographic that shows you why Syed is 10x the person I am! I can't wait to show it to you.
I hope you've enjoyed these seven interviews. Maybe the most important thing to take away is that you can learn something from everyone. Each of these folks has something to say that can help you.
So soak it in!