Will we see each other?
I just came back from two great conferences:
- MicroConf: for bootstrapping companies in Las Vegas
- WooConf: all things WooCommerce in Austin, Texas
The video from my talk in Paris just got posted, which is great news too. I got to meet a lot of new readers out there.
If we haven't connected in person yet, I'd love to meet.
Here are my upcoming conferences where I'll be speaking.
- WordCamp San Diego: April 23 & 24th, San Diego
- Squares Conference: April 27-29, Grapevine, Texas
- WordCamp St Louis: May 14-15, St Louis
- WordCamp Minneapolis: May 21-22, Minneapolis
- Prestige (not speaking): May 24 – 25, Minneapolis
- WordCamp NE Ohio: June 11-12, Kent, OH
- WordCamp Orange County: July 9-10th, Irvine
There's a rumor that I might speak at the Double Your Freelancing Conference in September, but I can only fuel the rumors.
Oh, and make sure you're getting tickets for the Digital Commerce Summit, this year in Denver (Oct 13-14), where I'll be speaking. It's put on by the folks at Rainmaker, which means you know it will be a top-quality event!
You know I tell stories, right…
If you've spent time on the blog much, or heard me in person, you know I tell stories.
And it's not like I'm running out or anything. But I would love to hear your story. And if it's compelling, guess what? You might hear a version of it in one of my upcoming talks.
I would love to share your story with folks.
So here's how you get your story told by me at one of my upcoming conferences:
- Draft it up on your computer or paper
- Come over to my contact form
- Check the “public speaking” checkbox
- Copy your story into the comment section and submit
I'll get them and review them. And if I pick your story, I'll let you know where and when I'll use it.
What topics am I looking for? Story prompts? Here you go:
- That time you tried something new and it totally worked
- That time you tried something new and it totally failed
- That time you helped someone and realized you got so much out of it
- That time you helped someone and it changed their life
- The hardest thing you've struggled with in the WordPress world
- The hardest thing you've struggled with in your own business
- The best day of your life
I'll tell you right now, that I can't wait to read them. And I'll thank you in advance. Because I'll be touched simply because you shared them with me.
Do not put them in the comments below.